Natero, Inc. (“Natero” or “we” or “us” or “our”), makes available a service that enables a customer that collects time-series data (e.g., website clickstream data, mobile application usage data) to define and view custom analytical reports based on such data and information (the “Service”). A customer that desires to use the Service must execute a separate online agreement with Natero (the “Natero Service Agreement”). A customer that executes such an agreement is referred to herein as a “Natero Customer”. Under such agreement, the Natero Customer grants Natero permission to collect and store time-series data from where it is generated or stored as specified by the user. This data and the information provided to Natero to permit us to access such data for collection are collectively referred to as “Customer Data.” Natero also collects Registration Data and Log Data as defined below.
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States.
Information Collection and Use
Personally Identifiable Information.
- When you register with us through the Site, as a Natero Customer, we will ask you for personally identifiable information related to the registration (“Registration Data”). This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, credit card or other billing information (if applicable), email address and home and business postal addresses. We use your personally identifiable information mainly to provide the Service and administer your inquiries.
- We also collect other non-identifying information that you provide as part of registration (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own) and individual preferences).
- We use your personally identifiable information (in some cases, in conjunction with your non-identifying Information) mainly to provide the Service, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
- Certain non-identifying Information would be considered a part of your personally identifiable information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered non-identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your personally identifiable information with non-identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Natero Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Site and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your personally identifiable information to contact you with Natero newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “user preferences” information. (See “Changing or Deleting Information,” below.)
Log Data. When you visit the Site, whether as a Natero Customer or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a “Natero User”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Natero. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Service Providers. We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Site and Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Service are used. These third parties may have access to your Registration Data, Log Data or Customer Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Natero cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will only disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Natero or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. Natero respects the ownership rights of Natero Customers in Customer Data and, accordingly, Natero will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to inform you of any request made to us for disclosure of your Customer Data and to cooperate with you in taking those measures permitted by law for limiting disclosure of your Customer Data.
Business Transfers. In the case of a merger, acquisition or reorganization, Natero may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Customer Data, in order to provide you continued service.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Natero Customers may review, update, correct or delete their Registration Data and Customer Data, including the personally identifiable information in their registration profile by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us at email@example.com with a request that we delete your personally identifiable information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We will respond to your request for deletion within 30 business days.
Natero is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit a third party website, e.g. an advertiser by “clicking on” a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third-party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our Site and Service is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such information from our files.